Breaking traditional silos
Hyperconverged Infrastructure is a transformational approach that combines simplicity and scale-out by eliminating dedicated storage nodes while also providing data resiliency via distributed storage software. By coupling our network operating system, Cumulus Linux, with hyperconverged systems, businesses can break free from the traditional siloed approach and can simplify and aggregate compute and storage resources.
Complete web-scale environment
With a Cumulus Linux based, scale-out approach, the entire networking stack follows the same design principles as compute to focus on scale-out, simplicity and automation readiness. The consumption model of an integrated stack through “Data Center in a Rack” can be easily driven through the hyperconverged solutions with open networking to help customers deploy web-scale architectures with ease.
A partnership for best-in-class technology
Nutanix has emerged as a best-in-class HCI solution, receiving high marks from analysts for both strength of product offering and long-term strategy. Nutanix leverages commodity server hardware to collapse independent services into a single converged platform, optimizing both computing and storage infrastructures.
Cumulus Networks and Nutanix have partnered on a comprehensive solution that automates network connectivity, simplifies procurement and speeds problem resolution. This solution offers:
- Streamlined installation process for bare-metal and existing Cumulus-powered switches
- Built-in link redundancy using Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG) protocol
- Automatic Nutanix server discover any MLAG bonding and interface configuration
- Automatic VLAN provisioning to establish and maintain connectivity without human intervention
- Distributed networking solution, which eliminates the need for a central controller
- End-to-end visibility across the network fabric with Cumulus NetQ
To learn more about this integrated solution, check out the solution overview, deployment guide and more below.