Instructor-led training tailored to your success
Learn Key Concepts
Boot camp information
Network and system administrators and architects
Upon completion of the course, you should understand Cumulus Linux functionality to be able to perform the following activities:
- Install, configure, and upgrade Cumulus Linux
- Configure basic system management
- Set up layer 2 networking
- Set up layer 3 dynamic routing
- Automate configuration management
MORE INFORMATIONDownload the Cumulus Linux Boot Camp PDF
Module 1: Cumulus Linux Overview
- What is Cumulus Linux?
- Why network disaggregation?
- Cumulus Linux architecture
Module 2: Initial Setup
- Installing Cumulus Linux with ONIE
- Initial switch setup
Module 3: Layer 2 Features
Configuring standard interface types, such as:
- Switch ports (swp)
- Configuring Multi-chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG)
Module 4: Automation
- Automation concepts
- Zero touch provisioning and DevOps tools
- Automation example
Module 5: Configuring Routing
- Setting up routing
- Configuring routing
- Troubleshooting routing
Module 6: Image Management (Upgrades)
- Updating and upgrading Cumulus Linux
Module 7: Network Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting tools and methodology
- Getting technical support
The 8 hours dedicated to the boot camp is an intensive coverage of Cumulus Networks content. In order to adequately cover the content and leave time for questions, we assume students are familiar with a baseline level of general networking and Linux knowledge outlined below.
On the Linux side
- Basic understanding of the Bash command line
- Ability to navigate and manage a Linux file system
- Familiarity with operating system concepts such as services, packages and configuration files
- Be familiar with a text editor. Labs can use either vi or nano
On the networking side
- Basics of the OSI model, IP addressing and subnets
- Bonding / LAG / Etherchannel / portchannel / LACP
Check out our resources section below.
The Cumulus Linux Boot Camp was invaluable to the success of our upcoming deployment. The methodical approach taken by the very knowledgable staff left me knowing and feeling very comfortable with the Cumulus OS. It was like I had been working with it for years by the end of the day.
The Cumulus Linux Boot Camp is very intuitive. It’s great for both system admins and developers. The use cases and labs helped a lot.
I really enjoyed the class. I was very happy with the quality and detail level. … a STRONG recommend!
The boot camp gave me a clearer understanding of the features, operation and management of Cumulus Linux on bare-metal switches. I'm impressed with the power and flexibility of this open network operating system. Cumulus Linux running on modern datacenter infrastructure will make it easier for our customers to deploy OpenStack, server virtualization, and Big Data.
The following links are recommended videos and topics to refresh your skills before the Cumulus Linux Boot Camp.